Nothing says summer like a zesty, tangy citrus-based cocktail. For centuries, drinkers have enjoyed the juices of lemons, limes, and oranges mixed with their favorite spirits and other ingredients. The bright citrus tang pairs well with several spirits, including gins, vodkas, and even whiskies.
Adding in a frothy, fluffy component takes lemon and spirits to the next level. Here are two of our favorite recipes for whipped lemonade – sure to be a hit at your next small gathering or beach event.
Two-Ingredient Whipped Lemonade
The name for this frothy blended beverage is a bit of a misnomer – there are actually four ingredients (not including ice) – but this simple-to-make cocktail pairs coconut, lemon, and spirits into a taste treat. The recipe makes four cocktails…
- 6 ounces vodka (lemon-infused vodka preferred)
- 1 cup fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup cream of coconut
- 4 cups ice
- Lemon wheels and mint for garnish
- Combine the four ingredients in a blender and whip on a high setting until frothy. Divide the mixture into chilled glasses, then garnish with fresh mint leaves and/or lemon wheels. If you desire, a pinch of salt added to each glass adds a flavor-enhancing splash.
Pineapple Whipped Lemonade
Including pineapple into your whipped lemonade is a surefire way of creating a beverage that
will go down smooth and satisfy even the most discerning palate.
- 6 ounces vodka (oddly, we prefer whipped cream-flavored vodka for this recipe)
- 1 ⅓ cup fresh pineapple chunks
- 24 ounces lemonade
- Ice (to taste)
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender and whip on high until a bubbly, foamy mixture is achieved. Pour into chilled glasses, then garnish with pineapple slices.